Webinar: Rising to the challenge
BY: RICHARD THOMPSON
Join MEED and Oracle’s live discussion on the role of digital innovation in the leisure and tourism projects in the GCC
Over the past year, the Covid-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on international travel and tourism. And its legacy is set to affect the tourism and leisure sector for years to come.
Despite this, the tourism and leisure sector remains pivotal to the region’s long-term development plans, and investments in major new resorts and hotels are continuing across the region.
But Covid-19 has thrown up a host of new, and often unexpected, challenges that have forced investors, developers, and operators to adapt their plans to ensure greater resilience in the future.
Rising to the Challenge looks at how hotel and resort owners and operators are overhauling existing sites and properties to make them more tech-friendly, and how digital processes are changing the way that tourism and leisure projects are being planned and delivered in the region.
The interactive discussion will examine how project owners are demanding effective deployment of digital data technology to optimise project delivery, asset performance and customer service across the full project life cycle.
Join us on 31 March at 13PM GST as Rising to the Challenge addresses the vital role that digital technology now has to play in building a resilient and thriving tourism and leisure projects sector in the GCC.
The 60-minute live-streamed broadcast by MEED and Oracle Construction and Engineering will examine:
- How digital data technology has enabled GCC developers to respond to Covid-19
- The outlook for tourism projects in the GCC and how developers and operators must adapt
- The essential role of technology in the future of the GCC tourism and leisure projects sector
- How things need to change to make the most of the technology opportunity
- Client insights on technology in delivering tourism projects and the barriers to change
- What needs to be in place to enable industry-wide digital change
- David Glennon, Digital Delivery Director, The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC)
- Ali Nimer, Executive Director of Digital & Technology, Miral
- Sherief Elabd, Director – Strategy and Innovation, Oracle Construction and Engineering
- Richard Thompson, Editorial Director, MEED